Yay I have finally made and finished the fabric bunting I wanted for my lounge. I had some white fabric rose fairy lights which I wanted to use but in a quirky way so made the fabric bunting and wound them around each other.
The white roses, although very pretty, where a bit too white so I used Tim Holtz distress inks on them. Because they were like a chiffon type fabric the distress inks ‘travelled’ up the petals. Originally I had just applied the ink to the edges and just left them to do what they wanted.
I used some spare fabric that was the same as the curtains then added cream and black. Armed with black and cream felt I made flowers to sew on randomly with buttons and ribbons that I had.
Turned out rather snazzy I think.