I little while ago I made a fabric notice board. So far this year its proving to be the most useful thing I have ever made. I had the idea from Red Ted Arts post about making a fabric notice board. My office is a small corner of the lounge so an office type notice board would look too officy.
It all started with moving the lounge around to fit in the Christmas tree. This led to stuff being taken to the garage and a rummage to see what was in the garage. I found an old picture frame and piece of gorgeous purple velvet.
First gather the bits you need.
- Picture frame – you don’t need the glass, just the frame and the backing board
- Fabric – just a bit bigger than your picture frame.
- Wadding – or using Red Ted Arts tip I used an old towel.
- Staple gun
- I first lay the fabric wrong side up on the table and added the towel which i had cut to the size of the old backing board of the picture frame.
- Then I added the backing board of the old picture frame with good side facing upwards. Using the stable gun I secured the fabric to the backing board, sandwiching in the towel.
- Next I laid the ribbon over the right side of the fabric in a symmetrical pattern and secured the ends to the backing board with the stable gun.
- Lastly I put the lot back into the photo frame.
The posh new velvet notice board now site above my desk and is being used daily.