Day 28: A day in your crafting life. Can be just words, words and pictures or just pictures OR Craft something that celebrates love
Hmm A day in my crafting life…well considering how little crafting I am able to get done at the moment thats a bit tough. On the days I do manage to craft it goes a bit like this…
I wonder into the craft cupboard and shake my head as somehow all on its own its got messy again. I really don’t know how it does it all by its self. I pull things out that are in my way and put them on the table. I then start finding the bits for the card I have in mind. I go to the table but its full from the stuff that was in my way. So I tidy the table.
I attempt again to get all the stuff for my card that day together and put it on the now clean table. This has taken all morning to this point so I would now stop for lunch which is code for trying to remember what i was going to make in the first place.
Brain cells jogged and tummy full I start to craft. The first attempt will not go well. Papers wont look right or it looks like something is missing. I try different things till at last very late at night I finish the card. In a mad rush a chuck everything back into the cupboard and climb into bed.
As you can see its not a very productive day so I gleaned a few tips from what I do so that others might not unless of course you like to wing it.
- Research your layout or how you want it to look before you start hacking away at paper etc. If it helps get layout ideas etc on Pinterest and have them up on your computer screen or printed out.
- Keep crafting space tidy as you can so that when the creative moment hits you nothing is in your way.
- Have your craft room in some soft of order ..like all your papers in one place. Stamps in another.
- Don’t force the crafting process. If you not feeling it step away and do something else.
- If your card etc doesn’t look right but you cant figure out why try looking at it in the mirror. Sometimes is makes the wrong bit stand out.
- If a layout is knocking your socks off and really working do another card in another colour.
- Take pictures of your completed cards. Not only helps in seeing yourself improve but also you can go back and look at it if you want to do another.