When it comes to kids, they love to get gifts. Now you can gift your little ones with exciting gifts while keeping a check on your wallet.
You must be surprised, right? The question that comes to your mind is very simple – How can you gift your little ones and still remain within your budget?
Yes, this has been made possible by DIY gift ideas. Yes, they are less expensive but attractive enough for your kids. So, here I am sharing two craft ideas that will help you to make some amazing gifts for your kids.
Now for this checkout for sturdy cardboard in your garage. Make sure that they are not folded and have no creases. You can look out for cardboard boxes in the local department store. Many stores try to get rid of the boxes, so you are sure to find what you want there.
- Trace the shape of a guitar on the cardboard. Make sure to get 3 pieces of it with a hole in the centre. Now trace the lower part of the guitar and get 2 pieces of it. Now using the glue stick two bigger guitar pieces together.
- For the bridge cut a pencil into two. Make sure to keep one bigger than the other. Let the bigger one be 2 3/4 inches and the smaller one be 11/2 inches.
- Now below the hole on the cardboard draw a 2 3/4 inch line on the front side of the glued guitar pieces. Then put 4 dots below the line.
- Now make a shallow cut on the line and glue the bigger pencil stick into the cut.
- Now make small holes on the dots.
- Repeat the same process on the upper part of the cardboard. Place the pencil stick with 11/2 inch there and put 4 holes above that.
- Now make dents on both pencil sticks so that guitar string can perfectly rest on it.
- Now for guitar strings get some rubber bands.
- Tie the one edge of the rubber band to a paper clip and let the bands pass through the 4 holes on the upper part of the cardboard in such a way that clip remains at the back.
- Now pass the bands through the 4 holes below the stick at the lower part of the cardboard.
- Tie them to another paper clip behind the cardboard.
- Now glue the paper clips to the cardboard so that they don’t move from the place.
- Now take the third cardboard piece in the shape of the guitar and glue it on the back side of the already glued cardboard pieces.
- Now take the 2 smaller pieces that were cut earlier and glue them on the back side to give the guitar enough thickness it needs.
- You can now trim off the edges if needed to give it the perfect shape.
Now enjoy playing guitar with your little ones.
Magnetic Paper dolls
Now let the little ladies play with the magnetic paper dolls that you have prepared for them.
- For this, first of all, buy a book with stickers of different doll shapes. You can find the books at Bargain Max. You can find the book for cheap simply by using Bargain Max code for 2016 at Dealslands.
- Now colour the stickers and they are ready to use.
- Now get magnetic sheets and stick it to the back of each piece of the stickers.
- Now take a cookie sheet and stick them to it.
If you are preparing for your boys use different stickers instead of dolls.
Hope you liked the above mentioned ideas and soon you will create them on your own. So enjoy making things for your kids and have fun.