This week I had the worse day imaginable. The main computer died. It switched itself off earlier in the week and I thought it was due to the kittens playing behind the computer tower. How wrong was I. When it did it a second time I thought I better do a virus scan, although set to do one nightly. My worse fears were confirmed. A virus and I was too late. My virus vault was full ( lesson number 1 – virus vaults fill up ) so the virus software couldn’t do what it was supposed to do and out the Trojan in the vault. One Trojan galloped its way through the computer and now it off waiting for my IT chap to bring his magic hands to sort it out.
It’s the worse thing for me as the computer is used for two purposes. My day job ( I make and manage websites) and my craft work. Slowly it dawned on me that I might have lost everything. My accounts for last year having just been submitted so just means redoing this years. Not such a huge task as I have it all in paper form.
The website stuff is backed up to a slave drive so not too bad either. Lesson number 2 – you can never back up enough. Plugging the slave drive into the old laptop to check all was well, I then discovered that when I backed up a few weeks ago was actually months ago. Big sigh.
Then the worse bit…all my carefully collected digi images and papers may all be gone. This is when the dark mist descended. With trusty old laptop I have hopefully re-downloaded them all. The laptop is straining under the pressure, the teen is scowling at me for spending so much time on the laptop but I am feeling happier.
Until the main computer is back in action I have to rely on old laptop and gaps in the teens mood to be able to print anything new. Its seriously not worth the effort to try and print anything new off as the kafuffle of setting the laptop up with the printer is just too much. For one the internet lead wont reach so its internet or printer and secondly a teens good mood wouldn’t last long enough for me to set it up and print.
Sooooo, this weeks crafting is going to be a challenge to use what I already have. No quickly printing off the perfect backing sheet, no trying out the latest digi and no perfect font for the sentiments.
If I keep my sanity I will report back on how I did.